On Saturday, September 22, 2018, Wes Turner <wes.tur...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Here are links to the Apache governance docs:
>
> https://www.apache.org/foundation/governance/#technical
>
> https://www.apache.org/foundation/governance/pmcs.html
>
> Which are the PSF docs for these exact same processes for open source
> governance? (In re: to transitioning from BDFL is not dead, but)
>
> https://devguide.python.org/#contributing
>
> https://devguide.python.org/experts/
> - is there a different BDFL-delegate org chart, or would this be the page
> to add to and refer to?

re: Documenting the BDFL-Delegate process (in PEP 1?)

I'm just not good with a MUA; Markdown in a linear GH issue is far easier
to unsubscribe from; so I just added triple quotes:

>From "[Python-Dev] Petr Viktorin as BDFL-Delegate for PEP 580":

""'
Jeroen Demeyer
Hello, I would like to propose Petr Viktorin as BDFL-Delegate for PEP 580,
titled "The C call protocol". He has co-authored several PEPs [...]
"""

"""
INADA Naoki
2018年10月3日(水) 21:24 Jeroen Demeyer <j.deme...@ugent.be>:
> > Hello, Really? I don't know process to assign BDFL-delegate without
BDFL. This PEP is ...

Łukasz Langa
> My understand is that accepting *any* PEP by anyone is out of the
question until the governance situation gets resolved. That's the only
reason why...
"""

"""
On Wednesday, October 3, 2018, INADA Naoki <songofaca...@gmail.com> wrote:

2018年10月3日(水) 21:24 Jeroen Demeyer <j.deme...@ugent.be>:
Hello,

>> I am well aware of the current governance issues, but several people
have mentioned that the BDFL-Delegate process can still continue for
now.

> Really?
> I don't know process to assign BDFL-delegate without BDFL.
"""

"""
AFAIU, there is not yet a documented process for BDFL-delegate assignment.

There's this in the devguide; which links to PEP1:

"20.2. PEP Process¶"
https://devguide.python.org/langchanges/#pep-process
https://github.com/python/devguide/blob/master/langchanges.rst

And PEP 1:

"PEP 1 -- PEP Purpose and Guidelines"
  "PEP Workflow"
https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0001/#pep-workflow
  "PEP Editors"
https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0001/#pep-editors
  "PEP Editor Responsibilities & Workflow"
https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0001/#pep-editor-responsibilities-workflow

https://github.com/python/peps/blob/master/pep-0001.txt

And the devguide has a list of experts:
https://devguide.python.org/experts/

Maybe PEP1 is the place to list current BDFL-Delegates
(in addition to in the PEP metadata as in the OT PR:
python/peps#797
"PEP 580: Petr Viktorin as BDFL-Delegate"
)?

Not to bikeshed, but is BDFL-Delegate still the current term because that's
what's in all the other PEPs' metadata?
"""

Maybe a "delegation" GH Issue label or similar (and a commit prefix) on the
python/peps repo would be helpful?