Hi,

I don't know if this was already debated  but I don't know how to search
in the whole archive of the list.

For  now the  adoption of pyproject.toml file is more difficult because
toml is not in the standard library.

Each tool which wants to use pyproject.toml has to add a toml lib  as a
conditional or hard dependency.

Since toml is now the standard configuration file format, it's strange
the python does not support it in the stdlib lije it would have been
strange to not have the configparser module.

I know it's complicated to add more and more thing to the stdlib but I
really think it is necessary for python packaging being more consistent.

Maybe we could thought to a readonly lib to limit the added code.

If it's conceivable, I'd be happy to help in it.

Nice Day guys and girls.

Jimmy