Hi Hassan,
I think this is unlikely to get added to the standard library as it is
listed as a recipe in the itertools module (
https://docs.python.org/3/library/itertools.html#itertools-recipes).

You may want to check out the more-itertools package (
https://more-itertools.readthedocs.io/en/latest/) which includes all the
recipes listed, as well as some other functions.

On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 8:16 PM Hasan Diwan <hasan.di...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [if this isn't the correct spot, let me know and I'll gladly take it
> elsewhere]
> I have found myself needing powerset functionality several times
> recently to the point where I wondered if there's interest in making
> it part of the standard library. I have a working implementation and
> tests. Would take but 3 minutes to add it in and issue a pull request,
> but I'd like to know if there's interest from esteemed group members.
> Thanks for the quick turnaround. -- H
>
> --
> If you wish to request my time, please do so using
> bit.ly/hd1AppointmentRequest.
> Si vous voudrais faire connnaisance, allez a bit.ly/hd1AppointmentRequest.
>
> Sent from my mobile device
> Envoye de mon portable

Sebastian Kreft