Rationale: When I use a search engine to google a Python question, I frequently
get a link to a page of the Python 2.7 documentation that shows before the
Python 3 documentation link.

This is annoying and slows down my programming.

I propose: That we add a setting to Python’s online documentation that will
optionally given that certain conditions are met, we redirect the user to the
corresponding Python 3 documentation entry. The conditions:
- The Referer header is set to a URL of a major search engine (the Referer is
the URL of the last page that whose link was clicked on to reach the
documentation)
- The user has opted-in to this behavior.

(Conceptually this should be user script, but for the collective conscience of
all python developers, a doc option would be better. )

I understand that some core devs might just have documentation downloaded and
just use that, but a large portion of Python users  primarily use online
documentation

James Lu