> it is very well known feature.

Or is it? Just because you do know it, it does not mean it is universal -
This is not documented on time.sleep, threading.Thread, or asyncio.sleep
anyway.

I've never worked much on explicitly multi-threaded code, but in 15+ years
this is a pattern I had not seem up to today.
The original writer of this Thread, Nikita, also does not seem
to have found `asyncio.sleep(0)` in less than 10 minutes looking
for what he needed.

It allows for "explcit is better than implicit", and really
asserts the intention of the code writer, and have
a low cost to implement in the stdlib.

And it is semantically more correct at the cost of maybe 3loc on the
stdlib.