On Aug 1, 2019, at 12:52, Ricky Teachey <ri...@teachey.org> wrote:

> TLDR: a beginner can read, understand, and use the itertools module
> incredibly easily. But putting a recipe aside for your own use later? Forget
> it. That took my almost 3 years to get comfortable with.

I can understand that. I could tell you to just bookmark the recipes and get
used to coming back there, so you don’t have to figure out how to build and
maintain a personal toolbox. But that probably still isn’t an easy sell for
novices.

But what about `pip install more-itertools`? Hopefully you become comfortable
with that a lot faster than 3 years in. If not, the packaging team will
probably be disappointed to hear it…

(I have occasionally had other people insist that I shouldn’t tell users to pip
install things… but those are the same people insisting I should always start
by explaining how to do it in Python 2.5 rather than 3.7. The actual people
being helped have never seemed reticent.)