> On 12 Sep 2019, at 13:46, Yury Selivanov <yselivanov...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi!
>
> I've just published a PEP to add a frozenmap type to Python; it should
> be online shortly.
>
> Read it here:
> https://discuss.python.org/t/pep-603-adding-a-frozenmap-type-to-collections/2318

My two cents: the motivation for "frozenmap" over "frozendict" isn't very
compelling. In python we call them dicts. map() is a function. This is super
confusing in other languages that have Map and map. Python doesn't have this
problem. Let's not introduce it!

I would like some comparison and discussion of this data structure and its API
compared to the corresponding data structure and API in pyrsistent if possible.
(I am biased here because I've been involved a bit there and the author is a
colleague but I think this is a relatively popular library for this use case...)

/ Anders