On 23/10/2019 05:41, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 11:39:59AM -0700, Mike Miller wrote:
On 2019-10-18 10:23, Ricky Teachey wrote:
but i'm -0 because i am very concerned it will not be obvious to new
learners, without constantly looking it up, whether adding two mappings
together would either:
The big trade off I'm gathering from this mega-thread is that the |, |=
operators are more accurate, but less obvious to newcomers, who will first
try +, += instead.
I'm surprised by that description. I don't think it is just newcomers
who either suggest or prefer plus over pipe, and I don't think that pipe
is "more accurate".

+1 (as one of the non-newcomers who prefers plus)

--
Rhodri James *-* Kynesim Ltd