On Tue, 3 Dec 2019 at 19:52, Richard Damon <rich...@damon-family.org> wrote:

> Mailman, the manager for the mailing list doesn’t offer any such option. The
> closest that could be done is if a topic just goes on too long, a filter
> could be added to the list configuration which holds for moderation messages
> which match the subject. The problem is that if someone changes the subject
> slightly, it might not get caught by the filter depending on how detailed the
> filter was.

I think it's just the nature of a mailing list. Much as some people
might prefer a forum-style approach (and may even be consuming this
list through an interface with that sort of style) it's still a
mailing list underneath, and that means people can post mails that go
to all users essentially without restriction. Imposing restrictions
would typically require more work from the mods, who are already
overworked. Better to just accept the nature of the communication
medium.

Paul