I use macOS, and using Python is very confusing.

- Apple's bundled Python 2.7.
- Anaconda (Python scientific stack package manager) Python and conda.
- Homebrew (3rd party package manager for macOS) Python and pip.
I also believe that there is a PSF Python installer, but I am not sure.

Python, Be Bold captures the spirit of it should not be a shame to have the
interpreter/VM installed on end-users machines. It also facilitates the
work of other python devs. You installed it because of one Python program,
other programs benefit from it. It also proposes enhancements to the VM to
better facilitate that.

One big reason the web is a popular platform today among the general public

 is because it offers strong sandboxing,

and privelges are granted per-site, opt out by default.
Another reason the web is popular is because it loads quickly.
I suggest python apps feature sandboxing with a way to opt-in to special
permissions.
Perhaps, like the web, it could have a uniform distribution mechanism. I
suggest DNS.

I am suggesting Python compete with the web by implementing strong language
sandboxing.
I imagine a browser that can load regular web and "PyWeb."

A web browser is both a kernel and a VM for the web. The kernel interfaces
with the underlying OS: Linux, windows, MacOS.
I do not see "PyWeb" as a kernel, but I do see it as a VM. PyWeb would
merely provide a secure gatekeeper to the underlying operating system.
Like the Mac App Store, PyWeb could give each app its own sandboxed file
system.
This would also help introduce young people to Python. Like how the
DevTools console has taught many kids JavaScript.
I imagine being able to run Tensorflow or Calibre inside a Python "browser."