On Wed, 8 Jan 2020, 23:04 Brett Cannon, <br...@python.org> wrote:

> That's under-specified. What hash algorithm was used? How are you going to
> specify it?

That was a sha256 demo.

But then I can modify the signatures of any of these files by regenerating
> them. Please trust me, this isn't simple to get right, especially if you
> are shipping the hashes with the file if you're trying to protect tampering
> versus just verifying a blip in a download.

Well i mentionned that

 The hash
value becomes the checking signature of the zipfile.

Meaning that it's just a structure to easily
verify the integrity of a file in depth. The end
hash becomes the verifying signature but
since we have the individual hashes as well
we can verify which file changed

I did not elaborate on signing as i'm still looking into it

That actually doesn't work. You cannot load an extension module from
> memory; it *must* be from disk so this doesn't solve the extension module
> problem.

Oh i mean physically generating another zip on disk (zip B) then executing
it.