Even apart from the long time delay, it seems clear that the Django
developers rejected 'raise from' for design reasons. That might be right or
wrong as a decision, but it's a separate project from Python itself.

Nothing in the issue even hints that they would have accepted it *if only*
the spelling were a few characters shorter.