> I don't think we need to be dogmatic here.  If someone wants to provide
> it on PyPI, then be it.  But if they'd rather contribute it to the
> stdlib, we should examine the relevant PR at face value.

> Asking it to be exercised first on PyPI is worthwhile if the domain
> space is complex or there are multiple possible APIs.  It's not really
> the case here: the API is basically constrained (it must be an
> Executor) and the main unknown seems to be whether execution is lazily
> or immediate (which may be as well governed by a constructor
> parameter).  And the implementation shouldn't be very hairy either :-)

Alright, fair enough. I suppose that I hadn't adequately considered how
constrained the API and straightforward the implementation would likely be.
If you think it would very likely receive widespread enough usage to
justify adding and maintaining it to the stdlib, I fully trust your
judgement on that. (:

As a side note, are we still interested in expanding the public API for the
Future class? Particularly for a public means of accessing the state. The
primary motivation for it was this topic, but I could easily the same
issues coming up with custom Future and Executor classes; not to mention
the general debugging usefulness for being able to log the current state of
the future (without relying on private members).