> I understand it locks in that particular implementation detail, but it
> also seems unlikely that that particular optimization (int 0 and int 1 as
> specific memory objects) would ever make sense to NOT be including in a
> shipping implementation (future proof by practicality).

Do you explicitly want to differentiate between *CPython integer* 0's and
1's and floats? How about Numpy and other numeric libraries?

assert 0.0 is not 0
assert 1.0 is not 1
assert numpy.ones(1, dtype=int)[0] is not 1
assert numpy.int8(1) is not 1

I think you're going to cause sneaky bugs for yourself.