On 16/04/2020 17:57, oliveira.rodrig...@gmail.com wrote:
@StevenDAprano and this goes for @RhodriJames , thank you for sharing your
point of view. Indeed the proposed syntax is obscure and would not be that
readable for beginners.

Couldn't we work around this so? The concept is still good for me just the
syntax that is obscure, maybe something like this would work:

```python
# '*' character delimits that subsequent passed parameters will be passed
# as keyword arguments with the same name of the variables used
self.do_something(positional, *, keyword)
# this would be equivalent to:
self.do_something(positional, keyword=keyword)
```
I believe this is readable even if you don't know Python: `positional` and
`keyword` are being passed as parameters, the `*` character is mysterious at
first but so it is in `def foo(a, *, b)` and it doesn't get into the way of
basic readability.

I beg to differ. I do find "def foo(a, *, b)" gets in the way of readability.

--
Rhodri James *-* Kynesim Ltd