Hi there!

This request is a close cousin of the recent discussion about optional keywords arguments, which you can find in the archives at https://mail.python.org/archives/list/python-ideas@python.org/thread/MILIX6HSW3PRUNWWP6BN2G2D7PXYFZJ7/ A lot of the same comments for and against apply here. I'll just cherry-pick a specific point: