On Thu, 25 Feb 2021 at 19:22, Mike Miller <python-id...@mgmiller.net> wrote:
> Mr. Random had an interesting point to start this thread, that over-reliance
> on
> venvs may have slowed fixes and improvements on the standard tools and
> distributions.  I suspect there is some truth to the assertion.

Arguably, your claim that using your main Python interpreter for
everything "almost never" causes you problems would imply that there's
no real *need* for fixes and improvements to handle that situation, so
work on supporting virtual environments helps people who prefer them,
and harms no-one.

I suspect the truth is somewhere between the two.

Paul