You're right, the goal of my PR is not to allow specifying keyword-only (or
positional-only) `__init__` parameters, but rather the goal is to allow child
classes to be defined with non-defaulted fields (with defaulted fields in
parent classes). Keyword-only parameters is simply an implementation detail.

I don't know about positional-only parameters, but a more fleshed-out solution
would do something similar to `attrs` (as linked above) where the fields can be
specified as keyword-only, which then allows non-defaulted fields in child
classes as a side-effect.