Abdur-Rahmaan Janhangeer writes:

 > I have been reading the Python docs since long.
 > I have enjoyed it, it has great pieces of information.
 > You have how-tos, faqs etc. Really awesome to read.

Thank you! ;-)

 > However, I feel that the style is a bit bland and off putting
 > for newcomers. I suggest we consider changing the theme
 > to a crisper and cleaner look. I find docs such as Masonite
 > really enjoyable to read: https://docs.masoniteproject.com/

 > I do hope we can advance something along these lines.

Despite my personal stylistic preferences (see below), I think this
could be a move toward docs that makes people happy and proud to see
their contribution in pixels, so I'm supportive in general.  You
should join the python-docs group
(https://mail.python.org/mailman3/lists/docs.python.org/)
and get in touch with the docs working group
https://mail.python.org/archives/list/python-...@python.org/message/LELGQN3HMOJXWD4QCPBL5EZVFAFX7SGC/
to most effectively promote your ideas.  That's where the folks who do
a lot of work specifically on docs hang out.

To get started on the discussion, just as one person's opinion:  I'm
not a fan of the Masonite color scheme, to be honest.  (White on navy
for the screen shots, to be specific.  I find the Python docs' pastel
backgrounds less jarring, and easily readable.  But I'm not going to
shoot down that hill, let alone die on it. ;-)

Also, I don't really see a big difference with the Python
documentation, and I prefer the denser Python text to that on the
front page of Masonite (but I'm a *very* text-oriented person, drives
my poor students nuts!)

I didn't much like the dual sidebar layout.

Overall I'd recommend tweaking the current theme to try to improve
your readability, rather than moving to a completely different theme.

I don't know if anybody else feels that way, so YMMV.

Associate Professor              Division of Policy and Planning Science
http://turnbull.sk.tsukuba.ac.jp/     Faculty of Systems and Information
Email: turnb...@sk.tsukuba.ac.jp                   University of Tsukuba
Tel: 029-853-5175                 Tennodai 1-1-1, Tsukuba 305-8573 JAPAN