Everyone in this thread should absolutely read Lewis Caroll's delightful
and "What the Tortoise Said to Achilles."  It's a very short 3-page story
that addressed exactly this topic in 1895... even before Guido's Time
Machine.

One free copy of the public domain work is at:

  https://wmpeople.wm.edu/asset/index/cvance/Carroll