On 11/11/21 11:53 AM, Matt del Valle wrote:

Okay, so from the replies so far it looks like this is very quickly going into
the 'never gonna happen'
dumpster, so in the interests of salvaging *something* out of it:

[...]

I just dislike having to settle for 'it's what we've got'. With these two
modules in particular, a lot
of the arguments that have been made so far either don't apply or are not as
strong (such as the
confusion of having builtins.list, builtins.List and typing.List).
Additionally, these are significantly
more ancillary portions of the stdlib than the builtins, much less likely to
cause as severe of a
disruption (I personally don't believe a backward-compatible change like this
which only adds aliases
would be as disruptive as many people claim, but concede that that's
subjective), and much less likely
to have the implementation change so drastically as to want to change out types
for factory functions
or vice-versa.

So perhaps we could narrow the scope of this down to just adding snake_case
aliases to the logging and
unittest modules [...]

+1

I would happily change all my unittest and logging usage to snake case if those
aliases existed.

--
~Ethan~