On Tue, 8 Nov 2022 at 23:34, Steven D'Aprano <st...@pearwood.info> wrote:

> Most Python coders are using Windows. Surely it is time to do better
> for them than "just roll your own"?

While I frequently advocate on the side of "not every 3-line function needs
to be in the stdlib", there are a lot of convenience functions for Unix in
the stdlib (reflecting the fact that Python was initially developed on
Unix) and having them for Windows as well seems only fair. Given the
existence of pathlib.Path.is_fifo(), I think it's reasonable to include
is_junction() too. (There's no isfifo() in os.path, though, so the argument
for os.path.isjunction() is correspondingly weaker).

Paul