> On Dec 17, 2022, at 10:08 AM, e...@emilstenstrom.se wrote:
>
> Bruce Leban wrote:
>>> Try googling "python-ideas string prefixes". Doing mimimal diligence is a
>>> reasonable expectation before writing up an idea.
>
> Thanks for the query "string prefixes". I tried other queries but not that
> one. I ended my first message with "I hope I didn't break any unspoken rules"
> and it seems I have.

My two cents (speaking as long-term observer, not as the moderator, or perhaps
in addition to the moderator ;) - I think your ask was appropriate, and I think
the response of “here’s the search you should do!” was great.

Personally I think we could do without the implication that you should have
done more due diligence. python-ideas is PRECISELY for this kind of question.
Other forums should have a higher barrier to entry (like python-dev), but not
python-ideas.

best,
—titus