python-ldap is a bit low level for that. AD is LDAP (and Kerberos) at heart, but there's a lot more to it than just that. python-ldap talks at the LDAP level.

This is an outline of what I think you want to do: you'll need to sasl-bind to the AD server, then locate your user's object. Its attribute userAccountControl is an integer with a bitmask of settings. Turn on bit 1 (ie value = value | 0x2) See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/305144 for details.

Nicholas Jay Chokas wrote:
ok. I was just wondering what function or class I would need to use in the python-ldap module to update a user account's info, to enable it.

like with the active_directory module, you can do like username.AccountDisabled() == True username.setInfo()