Jean-Sébastien Mansart wrote:

> I've got this error with a Zope/Plone site :
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> [..]
> ImportError:
> /home/zope/z_sgec/buildout-cache/eggs/python_ldap-2.3.11-py2.4-linux-i686.egg/_ldap.so:
> undefined symbol: gnutls_alert_send
>
> I have install gnutls1.3, recompiled openldap, python-ldap, and so on,
> but nothing works.

What does this command say?

ldd
/home/zope/z_sgec/buildout-cache/eggs/python_ldap-2.3.11-py2.4-linux-i686.egg/_ldap.so:

Note that there are various ways to install python-ldap:

1. Use pre-built packages from your Linux distributor.

2. Pre-built .egg-files which might be pulled in by dependencies of other
installed .egg files. (Personally I'm not in favour of this since most people
won't receive regular updates.)

3. Compile yourself and install. Which SSL/TLS libs are used (OpenSSL or
GNUtls) is determined by your OpenLDAP build.

For 1. and 2. you have to generally ask the distributor of the packages which
other software packages are needed. If you tried 1.,2. and 3. you have likely
a non-functional mixture of the above.

E.g. it seems your Zope/Plone installation (partially) pulls in a pre-built
.egg-file. My recommendation is to remove all occurences of python-ldap on
your system and try to cleanly do only one of the above.

For 3. you have to exactly use the Python interpreter your Zope/Plone
installation will run with.

Ciao, Michael.