I apologize if this is not the right place to ask this question...

I am looking to modify my LDAP scripts to be both Redundant and Load
Balancing!

For example I have a RADIUS server which runs a python script to retrieve
user's attributes from LDAP once they are authenticated.

Right now, I have a script that has a list of LDAP servers and uses the
first one that responses, but the problem is all later requests, use that
single LDAP server. If that server were to fail, the script fails.

I guess my main question is: Is there a preferred method of supplying
Redundancy and/or Load Balancing? (I don't really want to reinvent the
wheel)

However, if I must reinvent the wheel, I am thinking along the lines of
opening multiple connections the each server and programmically switching
between thed different connections as they come up.

Does this sound right? Any suggestions?

Thanks
Bob

--
What's the point of having a rapier wit if I can't use it to stab people? -
Jeph Jacques