Paul McGuire wrote:
"Martijn Faassen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Paul McGuire wrote:
[snip]

I would characterize the 80's as the transitional decade from structured
programming (which really started to hit its stride when Djikstra

published

"Use of GOTO Considered Harmful") to OOP, and that OOP wasn't really
"joyful" until the early-to-mid 90's.

IMMEDIATE NOTICE TO ALL PYTHON SECRET UNDERGROUND MEMBERS.

Classified. Any disclosure to non-PSU members prohibited. Offenders will
be apprehended and removed from the time stream, permanently.
<snip - it's "Dijkstra" not "Djikstra", you dolt! :)>

Yikes!  (or better, "Jikes!" or even "Yijkes!"?) - my bad.
And he was on faculty at UT right here in Austin, too.

It's a very common mistake I've seen so often that for a while I wondered whether his name really *was* Djikstra, but I knew he was Dutch and that it couldn't be so. That the PSU picked you for its disclosure is just a random coincidence, I'm sure.. :)

Regards,

Martijn