John Roth wrote:
[...]
I know what I would like to see in an editor:

First, it autodetects whether the module uses
tabs consistently, spaces consistently or a
mixture. If it uses tabs consistently, it then
uses the current default.

If it uses spaces consistently, it should also
autodetect the indentation setting in use in
the module and offer to change it if it's
different from the current default indentation
setting.

If it's inconsistent, it should make an attempt
to deduce the model the creating software
used; if it can it should change it to the
default setting without complaining. Otherwise
it should complain.

John Roth

Sounds like WingIDE to me. I'm a recent convert, but one feature that impressed me was the instant warning I got when I indented code with spaces in a tab-oriented source file.

regards
 Steve
--
Steve Holden               http://www.holdenweb.com/
Holden Web LLC      +1 703 861 4237  +1 800 494 3119