Jeff Shannon wrote:
Er, not as far as I can tell.... the 2.4 feature was what wouldn't work consistently; the corrected version, using list() and reverse(), doesn't look like it has anything that'll be a problem in my 2.2 installation, and probably not in 2.1 ....

What he said :)

Although if you genuinely prefer a functional programming style, I'd go with Terry's answer rather than mine.

(Incidentally, I didn't even know what the reduce trap *was* until Terry described it, but the iterative version avoids it automatically)

Cheers,
Nick.

--
Nick Coghlan   |   [EMAIL PROTECTED]   |   Brisbane, Australia