Doug Holton wrote:

Fredrik Lundh wrote:

and trust me, when things are hard to get right for developers, users will
suffer too.

That is exactly why YAML can be improved. But XML proves that getting it "right" for developers has little to do with getting it right for users (or for saving bandwidth). What's right for developers is what requires the least amount of work. The problem is, that's what is right for end-users, too.

Yet again I will interject that XML was only ever intended to be wriiten by programs. Hence its moronic stupidity and excellent uniformity.

regards
 Steve
--
Steve Holden               http://www.holdenweb.com/
Holden Web LLC      +1 703 861 4237  +1 800 494 3119