Steve Holden wrote:
>> Is there a how-to for this anywhere? The email package's docs are short
>> on examples involving charsets, unicode and the like :-(
>>
> Well, it would seem like the easiest approach is to monkey-patch the use
> of cStringIO to StringIO as recommended and see if that fixes your
> problem. Wouldn't it?

No, not really, since at best that's a nasty (and I meant really nasty)
hack. I'm using the email package as part of a library that I'm building
which is to be used with various frameworks. Monkey patching modules is
about as bad as it gets in that situation...

At worst, and most likely based on my past experience of (c)StringIO
being used to accumulate output, it won't make a jot of difference...

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk