hello,
right now I am involved on doing a very important accessibility work.
as many people may or may not know that I am a visually handicap
person and work a lot on accessibility.  the main issue at hand is to
create an accessible editor for open office.
there are a lot of things remaining on that front.
so right now I am trying to find out a temporary work around by
creating a simple accessible editor (with wxpython) for viewing and
editing open office files.
I know there must be python libraries that can open/ save .odt files
because it is an open standard any ways.
but I am trying to work out a kind of a program where those files can
also be displayed in a text area with all the formatting.
probably one way of doing it is to use some thing like a rich text
editor and allow the file to be converted to rtf from odt for viewing
and back again to odt when the user wishes to save it.
another way I find is to actually find out if there is a odt text box
that can display these files as they are.
viewing the contents of the files in an editable way is most important.
any suggestions?
regards.
Krishnakant.