Good to know.

i've always thought that python would make an excellent solution for
transportation and logistics software. I used to maintain a nasty vb6
solution, and a lot of the brick walls could have been overcome by
utilizing the dynamic nature of python.

But, there is not enough hours in the day. And writing a solution puts
you in an odd relationship with your partners(UPS/FexEx etc...).

On one hand you are helping them indirectly sell their services,  On
the other, you are sort of competing with them, so, those companies
have plenty of reason to screw with you by changing the specs, lot's
of hoops to jump through to contiuously be certified.

I guess I care anyway because the problem domain is so interesting to
me. Maybe it's because I'm running a fever. :)

Thanks for the info.

--
Thomas G. Willis
http://paperbackmusic.net