PD wrote:
I don't think I want that much out of it necessarily. I just feel
really weird writing new software with deprecated libraries. By the
time Im done with my project, I have to put all these disclaimers on
how the new versions of wxWidgets might not work. The thing I am really
concerened about is if wxPython decides to drop OGL because it is
deprecated... anyhow thats my 2 cents.

Actually, I think the information on the wxpython wiki is now out of date. OGL was implemented in C and wxpython provided a wrapper. That version is now dead. But they rewrote OGL in pure python. So it isn't obsolete yet I believe. Since it is written in python you can easily extend it or whatever.

Instead of saying "import wx.ogl as ogl", say
"import wx.lib.ogl as ogl".