"Diez B. Roggisch" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > I think it's way too heavyweight for what I'm envisioning, but I
> > haven't used it yet.  I'm less concerned about object persistence
> > (just saving strings is good enough) than finding the simplest
> > possible approach to dealing with concurrent update attempts.
>
> And that's exactly where zodb comes into play. It has full ACID support.
> Opening a zodb is a matter of three lines of code - not to be compared to
> rdbms'ses.

The issue with using an rdbms is not with the small amount of code
needed to connect to it and query it, but in the overhead of
installing the huge piece of software (the rdbms) itself, and keeping
the rdbms server running all the time so the infrequently used app can
connect to it.  ZODB is also a big piece of software to install.  Is
it at least 100% Python with no C modules required?  Does it need a
separate server process?  If it needs either C modules or a separate
server, it really can't be called a low-end strategy.