Adam wrote:

Here's what I'm trying to do.
We are running a numbers game at our retirement village and using a roulette wheel to generate the numbers. but this wheel is only about 12 in diameter and is little more than a toy. So we came up with the idea of using a random number generator to generate numbers from 0 to 36 and display them in large figures on my laptop. This is for the benefit of those people who are hard of hearing. They like to see what is happening.
I was an RPG programmer before retirement but am new to Python. So I used the following code to generate the numbers but I don't know how to display them in large figures (about 3 ins high) or get rid of the idle text.

The problem is that console displays don't support variable font sizes. In order to do this, you're going to need to write a simple GUI program, which will be significantly more complex.

A simple program to display a random number in large text should be relatively easy to do in Tkinter, which has the benefit of being bundled with your Python distribution. (It's got a few downsides, too, but most of them won't apply for this project.) I haven't actually looked at it, but EasyGui (recently mentioned here; google should help you find it) may meet your needs and be simpler to use.

Jeff Shannon
Technician/Programmer
Credit International