Leif B. Kristensen wrote:
john san skrev:

pure DOS, old pc, used for teaching . want show some "windows" under
DOS (under Python).

curses is a text-based interface that will let you build windowed applications like you could with the crt unit in Turbo Pascal of those golden days. I've no idea if anyone's compiled it for the 16-bits DOS platform, though.

Curses is a *nix interface. There are attempts at a work-alike package for Windows, which by all reports are not very successful. Whether any of those would maintain their already-limited functionality under DOS is questionable.

There *are* similar-but-not-compatible libraries for DOS... or perhaps I should say *were*, because I have no idea where one might find such a thing now. (Though I presume that Google would be the best starting place.) One would then need to find/create a Python wrapper for that library...

Jeff Shannon