news.sydney.pipenetworks.com wrote:
I see your point but I'm not totally convinced I don't understand unicode that well so I'll just be quiet now.

Unicode is horrible, but better than the available alternatives when it comes to character sets with more than 128 characters :)

Your point about int and long vs str and unicode is interesting though. Does it mean str and unicode will some time in the future be unified once all the differences are sorted out ?

Eventually, all Python text strings will be unicode, with a separate type for manipulating a sequence of bytes. That's a long way away, though.

Cheers,
Nick.

--
Nick Coghlan   |   [EMAIL PROTECTED]   |   Brisbane, Australia