You know, I hate doing this....

I just remembered the Bruce Eckel book is a direct transaltion from
THinking In Patterns for Java.

And as such the example python code within the chapters is not even
valid Python.

If you're new to the language you'll get confused with the use of
private and static thrown everywhere.

It's still good information though.

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 18:56:24 -0500, Tom Willis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I found this one helpful
>
> http://diveintopython.org/
>
> and this one
>
> http://ibiblio.org/obp/thinkCS/python/english/
>
> Just found this one
> http://hetland.org/python/instant-python
>
> and this page has links to many more.
>
> http://www.python.org/doc/Intros.html
>
> And because I'm a huge Bruce Eckel fan.
>
> Thinking in Python
> http://mindview.net/Books/TIPython
>
> It's old, but I still go through it every now and then.
>

> --
> Thomas G. Willis
> http://paperbackmusic.net
>

> On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 16:48:48 -0700, Steve Juranich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I think the tutorial offered at www.python.org/tut/tut.html is as good
> > a starting place as any.
> >
> > I wouldn't be able to suggest a "non-trivial" project without knowing
> > more about your background.  Can you do a flashcard program? recipe
> > organizer? [EMAIL PROTECTED] client? (I think you see where this is going).
> >
> > Good luck.
> >
> > On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 15:23:37 -0800, Danny
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > Does anyone know of a good python tutorial?
> > > I was also looking for some non-trivial projects to do in python.
> > >
> > > Basically I would like to claim on my resume, that I know python, with
> > > out bad karma.
> > >
> > > Danny
> > > --

Thomas G. Willis