Laszlo Nagy wrote:
> Once upon a time, there has been a module called "bastillon" (am I
> right?) and "rexec" (restricted execution environment) but they were not
> really secure. It was a long time ago. Python is very flexible, and
> interpreted and it is hard to prevent the users from importing modules.

Indeed. I think Zope's security proxies solve a lot of the problem as
they are a C extension to python and so can't be circumvented ;-)

> They can do nasty things. For example, open a file and eval() it etc.

Yes, there are plenty of builtins that need to be blocked out and plenty
of things that need to be blocked from being imported, but I know it is
possible ;-)

(see Zope's "Script (Python)" objects, I'm just hoping for a cleaner,
simpler solution...)

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk