On Sun, 03 Feb 2008 20:38:41 +0100, Thomas Dybdahl Ahle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
[snip]
> Another toolkit you might look into is Tkinter. I think it is something
> like the "official" toolkit for python. I also think it is an adapter
> for other toolkits, so it will use gtk widgets on gnome, qt widgets on
> kde and some other strange widgets on windows.

No. Tkinter doesn't use any other library and draws its own widgets, which
until now look like very old-style Motif widgets on Unix. There's a new
version of tcl/tk (on which Tkinter is based) that has a new look for
widgets, basically looking like gtk's default theme, but it doesn't use
gtk at all.

This can be seen as an advantage or a drawback depending on what you're
looking for:
- this keeps the toolkit very small and independent (no dependency hell)
- this basically ensures that the look won't be "native"

And BTW, the new version of tcl/tk is supposed to look native on Windows &
MacOS too. Unfortunately, this version is very new and the Tkinter module
has not been adapted for it yet.

HTH
'U(17zX(%,5.zmz5(17l8(%,5.Z*(93-965$l7+-'])"