Mike Driscoll wrote:
> I'm confused. First you say Gmail is create for filtering and then you
> say it has a broken interface. I like Gmail for some things, but my
> inability to create folders is one thing that really bugs me. I can
> set up Thunderbird to accept mail from Gmail and do it that way
> though. I assume when you say that you only get 1 email in your inbox,
> you mean one "errant" email and the rest get filtered to your other
> folders, correct?

Gmail is perfectly capable of being used by traditional e-mail clients
like Thunderbird via IMAP.  When this is done, I see mail in folders and
threads.  The filtering itself is done by the gmail server.  You do have
to use the web interface to set up the filtering, but once that is done
Thunderbird works fabulously.

The Gmail webmail interface displays threads in a fundamentally broken
way, though.