Lucas Raab wrote:
Chris Maloof wrote:

Hello,

Does anyone know how I can read the ASCII text from a console window
(from another application) in WinXP?  It doesn't sound like a major
operation, but although I can find the window via pywin32, I haven't
been able to do anything with it.  I'd really just like to get the
window text into a string.

By "console window", I mean the sort of thing that comes up when you
run "command" (although this particular one is for the game NetHack).

Thanks,
Chris

If you're looking to do this from Python then do "python <appname.py> > output.txt" only without the quotes. AFAIK, this only works on Windows. Correct me if it works from Linux or another OS.