Richard G Riley a écrit :
Bruno Desthuilliers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

(snip)

And not that useful - why would one care about the function being
defined in class X or Y when one have the exact file and line ?

Very obvious I would think. One can develop ones own interactive class
browser and code navigator.

From the traceback ?

 One can not bring up class help from "line 3
in x.py" but one can from "classname : MyClass at line 2 in z.py". With
the class name I can navigate directly to all sorts of class related
information without the need to delve into a physical usage of it e.g
program.py at line 3.

Please bear with me, but I'm afraid I still don't get the point : I don't need tracebacks to get to some object's info (help etc).