All,

I'd appreciate any help.  I've got a list of files in a directory, and
I'd like to iterate through that list and process each one.  Rather
than do that serially, I was thinking I should start five threads and
process five files at a time.

Is this a good idea?  I picked the number five at random... I was
thinking that I might check the number of processors and start a
multiple of that, but then I remembered KISS and it seemed that that
was too complicated.

If it's not a horrible idea, would anyone be able to provide some
quick code as to how to do that?  Any and all help would be greatly
appreciated!

Thanks in advance!