On 6/10/08, John Salerno <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Is the chm doc file available for download from the Python website? I can't
>  seem to find it. It would be nice to read through while I'm at work (where I
>  don't have Python installed).
>
>  Also, is it possible to use a chm file on Linux?

[...]

I am using xCHM on SuSE 10.2: iirc, there were components I had to
find in order to build it.

I just downloaded and installed kchmviewer (
http://www.kchmviewer.net/) without incident. My initial reaction is
that kchmviewer is better in at least two significant ways: it uses
the same number of lines per scroll wheel movement as other
applications (xCHM uses more, unconfigurable afaik); kchmviewer moves
the page to the indexed item in the page (xCHM just shows the the top
of the page leaving the user to locate the item in the page).