On Jun 17, 2008, at 2:34 PM, Eduardo Henrique Tessarioli wrote:

Hi,

I am running a very simple python application and I noted that the memory allocation is something like 4,5M. This is a problem in my case, because I have to run 2 thousand process at the same time. The memory I need is 100k or less. Is there any way to set this for the python process?

The runtime itself isn't as light as, say, the C stdlib.

Now, there are a lot of shared libraries here, so you should measure not just a single instance, but how much it actually grows in overall system memory usage as you run more simultaneous python interpreters.

Regards,
Eduardo