Jonas Galvez wrote:
Walter Dörwald wrote:
XIST has been using with blocks since version 3.0.
[...]
with xsc.Frag() as node:
  +xml.XML()
  +html.DocTypeXHTML10transitional()
  with html.html():
[...]

Sweet! I don't like having to use the unary operator tho, I wanted
something as simple as possible, so I wouldn't even have to assign a
variable on the with block ("as something").

You only have to assign the node a name in the outermost with block so that you can use the node object afterwards. But of course you can always implement the outermost __enter__/__exit__ in such a way, that the node gets written to an outputstream immediately.

I plan to add some
validation and error checking, but for generating feeds for my Atom
store it's reasonably fast and lean (just over 50 lines of code).

Servus,
   Walter