En Thu, 17 Jul 2008 09:40:29 -0300, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> escribi�:

The way you read the file is rather strange -mixing calls to readline and
pickle.load- I'd write the data using pickle.dump calls *only* and then
read it using pickle.load calls *only*.

I used 13.1.7 Example of the Python Library Referencebut.  Got an error
message when I did not have the readline() statement.

The example doesn't have any readline(). Make sure you open the file in binary format ('wb' or 'rb'). If you have a list of objects: just write the list. It takes a single call to pickle.dump(), and later, a single call to picle.load() If you have too many objects and don't want to save/load all of them at once, write them one at a time using pickle.dump(element, output_file, -1), ending with a sentinel value (e.g. None): pickle.dump(None, ...)
You may read them again using something like this:

pfile = open(..., 'rb')
while True:
  element = pickle.load(pfile)
  if element is None: break
  do_something_with(element)
pfile.close()

Ensure that you can save and load your data using a simple script, *before* writing the GUI.

--
Gabriel Genellina