On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 21:42:37 -0700, Russ P. wrote:

>> +1 QOTW
>
> Do you realize what an insult that is to everyone else who has posted
> here in the past week?

Actually I don't. I hadn't realised that when a person believes that
somebody has made an especially clever, witty, insightful or fun remark,
that's actually a put-down of all the other people whose remarks weren't
quite as clever, witty, insightful or fun.

But now that I've had this pointed out to me, why, I see insults
everywhere! Tonight, my wife said to me that she liked my new shirt, so I
replied "What's the matter, you think my trousers are ugly?"

--
Steven